Can you believe we’re already a week into the new year? 2017 was a crazy year for our world and me personally. So many different things (good and bad) happened and thus many lessons were learned. Here is a short list of what 2017 taught me (in no particular order)!
- Respect is something you need to earn
- If you feel disrespected, speak up
- People who don’t respect others are the same people who have never been stood up to
- Not everyone is going to like you
- As a woman, it is your responsibility to stand up for other women who can’t find their voice
- There is a difference between harassment and constructive criticism
- If you are proud of something, it doesn’t matter what others think
- You will always find out the truth
- How a person treats you says more about them than it does about you
- Don’t light yourself on fire to keep others warm
- A red flag is a red flag, there is no “but…” about it
- How someone treats the waitstaff at a restaurant says a lot about a person
- We all have a side we don’t show
- The world and the people on it are confusing — don’t try to understand it
- The world would be a much easier and happier place if we all loved one another.
What did you learn this year? Let me know in the comments below!